Interdistrict Transfer applications will be processed from January to May of each year.

The Superintendent or designee may approve an interdistrict attendance permit for a student for any of the following reasons when stipulated in the agreement:

1. To meet the child care needs of the student, only as long as the student's child care provider remains within district boundaries

2. To meet the student's special mental or physical health needs as certified by a physician, school psychologist, or other appropriate school personnel

3. When the student has a sibling attending school in the receiving district, to avoid splitting the family's attendance

4. To allow the student to complete a school year when the student's parents/guardians have moved out of the district during that year

5. To allow the student to remain with a class graduating that year from an elementary, middle, or senior high school

6. To allow a high school senior to attend the same school attended as a junior, even if the student's family moved out of the district during the junior year

7. When the parent/guardian provides written evidence that the family will be moving into the district in the immediate future and would like the student to start the school year in the district

8. When the student will be living out of the district for one year or less

9. When recommended by the school attendance review board or by county child welfare, probation, or social service agency staff in documented cases of serious home or community problems which make it inadvisable for the student to attend the school of residence

10. When there is valid interest in a particular educational program not offered in the district of residence 11. To provide a change in school environment for reasons of personal and social adjustment

Interdistrict Board Policy 5117 may be found here. Administrative Regulations may be found here.

Transfer applications may be found here.