The South Coast is experiencing heavy wind and rains which are expected to continue through the night. LHPUSD will be adjusting school operations for tomorrow, January 5th, to balance the needs of families and respond to the road and water conditions of this storm.
- Pescadero Elementary and Pescadero Middle High School campuses will be open.
- Pescadero Elementary students will be directed to the middle/high school campus if power is out at PES. Pescadero Middle/High has a generator to provide power.
- La Honda Elementary campus will not be open but LHE students may report to Pescadero Elementary and be included in school activities at that campus. LHE students will also be directed to the middle and high school campus if power is out at Pescadero Elementary.
- La Honda and Pescadero Preschools will be closed.
- No district transportation will be provided for any site.
- Student absences will be considered "Warranted" and excused.
I appreciate your flexibility during this stormy time. If there are any changes to this plan, due to unforeseen circumstances, we will communicate via text, email and the website.