Foster high measurable levels of student learning and achievement through expanded teacher capacity and curricular shift to Common Core State Standards.
- Expand after-school support and enrichment opportunities for middle and secondary students.
- Track measures of effectiveness for academic programs to monitor program success and adjust to program gaps.
- Work with community partners to develop a plan for 0-5 family support and services.
- Transition to Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
- Develop collaborative of math professional development at 6-12 to select and implement CCSS math curriculum.
- Deliver focused, high-quality professional development to K-5 and 6-12 (non-math) teachers on ELD and writing strategies.
- Refine formative assessments and use student outcomes to collectively problem solve.
- Utilize high-quality technology tools in the classroom.
Goal: Develop and maintain a budget for LHPUSD which balances the following needs:
- Student academic acceleration
- Student enrichment and opportunity
- Teacher leadership and employee capacity building
- Facility repairs and modernization
Specifically, develop a realistic funding model for 2013-2014 and beyond which is aligned with spending trends throughout the state.
- Reduce district office expenditures through consolidation of services.
- Reduce overhead expenses in all departments.
- Increase the proportion of revenue going to instruction-related services.
Create a realistic and achievable plan which meets current and future space and building wellness needs. Specifically:
- Pursue long-term funding for space needs through modernization and grant funding.
- Integrate maintenance and operations in a more realistic alignment with rest of district.
- Plan for new construction/modernization for middle school housing, LHE renovation and/or repair
Board Goals adopted January 2014